The Rector’s scholarship is granted to a student who obtains outstanding academic results in the last year of studies or has scientific, artistic or sports achievements in competition at least at the national level. All achievements must relate to the last academic year.
In connection with the Rector's Order of 1.09.2022 we would like to inform you that the scholarship applications, for the winter semester of the academic year 2022/2023, will be accepted on the following dates:
01.11.2022 r. - 15.11.2022 r. - applications for the Rector's scholarship (applies only to students who commenced their studies in the winter semester).
The Rector's scholarship is awarded at the student's request, which is submitted to the Financial Department of KBU. If a student needs assistance in filling in scholarship application or is not able to submit it in person, he/she may ask for help from the staff of the International Office.
The order in which the applications are submitted does not matter as long as the application is submitted within the above deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline may be rejected due to lack of funds.
Rector's scholarships are awarded to no more than 10% of students in a given field of study.
The average for each field of study for which the scholarship is awarded is determined only after the students have submitted their applications. Scholarships are awarded for up to 10 months. The average for the purposes of granting the scholarship is the arithmetic mean calculated from the grades of all exams and credits obtained by the student during the last year of study.
Attention !!! If a student finishes his studies in February, the Rector's scholarship is awarded from October to February. If a student finishes his studies in June, the Rector's scholarship for the best students is awarded from October to June.
A student studying several fields of study at the same time may receive the benefit only in one field of study indicated by him / her.
The scholarship is not eligible for Student holding:
a) Master's degree, Master of Engineering or equivalent,
b) Bachelor's degree, an Engineer's degree or an equivalent if he or she is resuming a first-cycle programme.
c) If the total period of study (having the student status) at all universities exceeds 72 months.
Application for download with the necessary attachments:
Attention! The applicants for the scholarship are required to read all the documents listed above and must fill all the documents in Polish and English!
Below find the documents in Polish:
1. Application (Polish version)
2. Declaration (Polish version)
3. RODO Information clause (Polish version)
A student who is temporarily in a difficult life situation may receive an allowance, in particular because of:
1. Death of a family member;
2. Serious illness of a family member;
4. Natural disaster;
5. Theft of property of significant value;
6. The birth of a child.
The application is submitted within 4 months from the date on which the student found himself temporarily in a difficult life situation.
Simplified procedure for granting the allowance:
1. The allowance is granted at the request of the student, which is submitted to Financial Department of KBU.
2. The e-mail address from which the student sends the application should be the one created for the student in the @ gwsh.pl domain.
3. The application and other necessary documents are available at the bottom of the page.
4. The application for granting the allowance requires a thorough justification and attaching documents confirming the student's situation.
5. A document confirming finding oneself in a difficult life situation may be, among others, contract with the employer (for work, orders or specific work), bills submitted on the basis of such contracts, certificate of inability to perform work, certificate of loss of employment, death/birth certificate, hospital treatment card etc.
6. The application is considered immediately, within 30 days from the date of submitting the complete set of documents.
7. The allowance may be granted more than twice in the academic year, however, for one and the same event, the student may receive only one allowance.
8. Students are informed about the resolution of the case in the form of a decision via e-mail sent to the address referred to in point 2.
9. The student is obliged to send a return e-mail confirming receipt of the decision on granting the allowance.
10. Benefit payments are made within 30 days from the date the student sends the e-mail referred to in point 9.
The decision on granting the allowance is final and is not entitled to an application for reconsideration.
A Student who is on leave, repeats a year, a semester, a subject or has obtained a conditional enrollment for a given semester, may also receive assistance.
4. Appropriate documents confirming the event indicated in the application
Attention! An allowance applicants are required to read all the documents listed above and must fill all the documents in Polish and English!
Below find the documents in Polish:
1. An allowance application (Polish version)
2. RODO Information clause (Polish version)
3. Declaration (Polish version)
The International Office provides all necessary assistance in case a Student wants to apply for scholarship → firstname.lastname@example.org
im. Wojciecha Korfantego
ul. Harcerzy Września 1939 nr 3
tel. +48 32 35 70 500, 32 35 70 532