logo Akademii Górnośląskiej

Documents required for admission



(scanned documents that should be uploaded to the recruitment system)

  • The signed Application Form generated in the system,
  • Confirmation of recruitment fee (19 EUR)
  • Copy of the Candidate's Passport/Candidate’s Identification Document (ID)
  • A copy of the Secondary School-leaving certificate/Maturity certificate which gives access to study at any type of higher education institutions in the country where the certificate was issued/ A copy of a Bachelor’s Diploma (i.e. higher education diploma of completion of 1st cycle programme) obtained abroad which gives the right to seek admission to a second-cycle study programme (i.e. Master level) in the chosen field of study in the country where this diploma was issued; this diploma has to be issued by the accedited university. If a Bachelor’s diploma obtained abroad contains no clause confirming the right of its holder to seek admission to second cycle studies, KBU may ask to attach the document certifying the existence of such a right, issued by the higher education institution which issued a diploma.
  • Transcript to the certificate (if issued )/ Supplement to the Diploma 
  • Translation into Polish or English by a sworn translator (if document was not issued in English)
  • A document confirming English language proficiency


(scanned documents that should be uploaded to the recruitment system)

  • Confirmation of payment of the compulsory admission and tuition fees for 1st semester of study
  • Agreement for the Provision of Educational Services*
  • Declaration*

*These documents will be sent to you by our team after the acceptance of documents with the help of our Online Recruitment System, please check your mailbox on the Individual Recruitment Account.


  • A copy of the health insurance policy for at least one academic year in force in Poland or European Health Insurance Card (valid for at least a year). Here you can find more information about European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
  • Power of attorney – if a candidate is enrolled by a representative
  • The original School-leaving certificate/Maturity certificate + transcript if issued/ original of a Bachelor’s Diploma (i.e. higher education diploma of completion of 1st cycle programme)+ suplement
  • Apostille or a legalisation for a diploma issued outside of Poland
  • Recognition certificate* (required for some countries only*).


If the School – leaving Certificate obtained abroad is not recognized on the basis of international bilateral agreements or automatically recognized by the operation of law, then the certificates should be recognized by the state authority in Katowice (Kuratorium Oświaty). This procedure is not paid unless the interview is requested by the authority. Recognition procedure may require to submit the additional documents which should be prepared before candidate's arrival to Poland. Ministry information on Recognition of foreign school certificates and diplomas in Poland:


  • You are a Candidate from a country where English is the official language or one of such languages or any other country in which you received your education in English or
  • You are a Candidate from non-English speaking countries or having not completed your higher/ secondary education in English, but if you have an international language certificate: TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, etc (see the list) that proves their knowledge of English at B2 level or
  • If you do not have above – you will be asked for KBU Language Check Procedure (short test and conversation in English by our cooperating Partner or International Team member)



Akademia Górnośląska
im. Wojciecha Korfantego
w Katowicach

40-659 Katowice
ul. Harcerzy Września 1939 nr 3
tel. +48 32 35 70 500, 32 35 70 532

logo Erasmus+