The third specialty is specially addressed to candidates highly interested in soft goods industry. Textile industry is very strong in Poland and especially Łódź called also soft goods industry centre. The growth of textile industry (production and sales) is increasing in recent years, and when labour market is concerned – there are over 116 thousands of employees working in this branch. Poland in general and main Polish cities (Warsaw, Łódź, Poznań, Katowice) have consumers who are very aware of fashion and clothing industry is a huge market in Poland. Other European countries are also an interesting markets to observe the main trends in fashion and textile industry. This specialty will be interesting for those candidates who would like to study management within this sector and gain practical skills and knowledge about soft goods market (demand, supply, production). The management and marketing theories will meet practical aspects of textile businesses. Students who would like to study it are recommended to be interested and involved in soft goods market.
Core subjects (mandatory) include:
· Civil law
· International business ethics
· Mathematical statistics
· Strategic management
· International trade law
· Management concepts
· Process management
· International and global marketing
· Strategic entrepreneurship
· International negotiations and relations in business
Subjects of the specialty include:
· Introduction to soft goods industry
· Commodity science
· Intercultural communication with consumers
· Marketing and psychology of colours
· Supply chain management in mercery
· Process management in textile companies
· Fashion marketing on global market
· Marketing design and branding in mercery
· Sustainable management and marketing in soft goods
· B2B market – case study
· Ecology in soft goods industry – case study
· Foreign language in Business (Polish, German)
· Professional Training for VEC exam
All specialties that our candidates declare during the recruitment procedure are pre-selection. The final decision is to be made after finishing the first semester on II cycle studies.
Each specialty has a seminar – introduction and thesis tutoring as a complete set of activities, skills and professional experience gained from Tutors for Master thesis.
Each year a student is encouraged to take a VEC exam (for additional fee – 350 PLN = 78 Euro) on chosen topic. The professional training for VEC – a language course for specific topic each year is free of charges for our students. After finishing the course you will gain a certificate as well. After the exam you can gain additional certificate (certificate of exam). This additional certified qualification is well recognized by the labour market in Poland and worldwide.
Górnośląska Wyższa Szkoła Handlowa
im. Wojciecha Korfantego
ul. Harcerzy Września 3
tel. +48 32 35 70 500, 32 35 70 532