Górnośląska Wyższa Szkoła Handlowa im. Wojciecha Korgantego - Uczelnia Akademicka

Application documents


Application procedure I for study programme in ENGLISH

– on the basis of secondary school leaving certificate


Principles of enrolment into First Cycle Studies (title: Licencjat – 3 years – 6 semesters) and One-tier magister-level studies (tile: Magister – 5 years – 10 semesters).



ENGLISH – requirements (in case of studies where language of instruction is ENGLISH)

  1. We recognize your knowledge of English if:
  • You are a Candidate from a country where English is the official language or one of such languages or any other country in which you received your education in English or
  • You are a Candidate from non-English speaking countries or having not completed your higher/ secondary education in English, but if you have an international language certificate: TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, etc (see the list) that proves their knowledge of English at B2 level or
  • you passed internal School's language test on B2 level.

These diplomas or certificates must be translated into Polish by the  sworn translator (if the document has been prepared in other language than English).



1. Completed application form

2. A copy of the secondary School-leaving certificate/Maturity certificate (the original certificate provided to KSE for inspection after arrival ) which gives access to study at any type of higher education institutions in the country where the certificate was issued.
+ Supplement to the certificate (if issued)
+ Translation into Polish by Polish sworn translator (if not issued in English)
+ Recognition certificate* (required for some countries only*).

3. Copy of the Candidate's Passport


3. Only EU’s citizens: Copy of the EU's Candidate's Identification Document (ID)

4. 2 photographs (size 4.5 x 3.5 cm)

5. Copy of proofs of payment of an entrance fee, registration fee

a) Candidates from visa countries pay a tuition fee for the 1st semester of study in advance

6. Copy of the health insurance policy is case of illness for the period of the first academic year valid in Poland or the European Health Insurance Card.



After the Selection, the Education Service Agreement (Student - KSE) is signed.



After arrival to Poland a candidate is obliged to:

  • submit for inspection the original of the School-leaving certificate/Maturity certificate, mentioned above.
  • * submit recognition confirmation (in case Student has not provided that certificate before arrival)
  • Tuition fee payment according to the Financial Regulations.

Not following the above procedure may conclude with crossing off the students' list.

Applicants for Cosmetology, Nursing and Physiotherapy may be asked to provide additional documents and medical certificates - the detailed information is to be given on request ( int.office@gwsh.pl )


* If the School – leaving Certificate obtained abroad is not recognized on the basis of international bilateral agreements or automatically recognized by the operation of law, then the certificates should be recognized by the state authority in Katowice (Kuratorium Oświaty) = read: III. RECOGNITION PROCEEDINGS BY PROVINCE EDUCATION SUPERINTENDENTS

This procedure is not paid unless the interview is requested by the authority.
Recognition procedure may require to submit the additional documents which should be prepared before candidate's arrival to Poland. This recognition by Kuratorium Oświaty must be done no later than until the end of the first semester of studies.

Ministry information on Recognition of foreign school certificates and diplomas in Poland:


More information on application requirements and application documents at KSE: International Office int.office@gwsh.pl

Członek - Konferencja Rektorów Akademickich Szkół Polskich Członek - Alliance, Universities For Democracy Członek - Światowa Organizacja Turystyki Członek - European Council for Business Education Akredytacja - Stowarzyszenie Edukacji Menedżerskiej Forum Członek - Regionalna Izba Gospodarcza w Katowicach Członek - Instytut Gospodarki Nieruchomościami Członek - Polskie Towarzystwo Ekonomiczne - Oddział Katowice Partner - IBM Partner - Kamsoft Partner - Alstom Partner - Krajowa Izba Biegłych Rewidentów Partner - Marco Partner - Zakłady Mięsne Henryk Kania Partner - Akademickie Inkubatory Przedsiębiorczości Członek - Ogólnopolska Sieć Biur Karier Partner - Capgemini Partner - PWC Partner - BZWBK Partner - Ataxo Partner - Kariera w Finansach.pl Partner - Górnośląskie Forum Informatyczne Partner - Jobs.pl Partner - e-kapita.pl Partner - mlody-inzynier.pl Partner - Cyclad Partner - DlaStudenta.pl Partner - HRInvestment Partner - Rockwell Automation Partner - Randstad Partner - Eures Partner - ING Partner - Logotec Partner - Work Express Partner - Raben

Górnośląska Wyższa Szkoła Handlowa
im. Wojciecha Korfantego

40-659 Katowice, ul. Harcerzy Września 3
tel. +48 32 35 70 500, 32 35 70 532